View Single Post
Old 20.01.2009, 19:57
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
AntX has no particular reputation at present
Benefit of Registering before you have work

Greetings all,

Hope you're having a good day!

I am Australian but also have a European passport due to my Greek heritage which obviously helps in Switzerland.

A simple question really to start off with - is there any benefit in registering with the Kreisburo before I have work? I moved to Zurich with my partner (I arrived in November but spent some time in the UK in December and have been at a language school here in Jan) but at the moment I haven't registered and I'm not on the lease until the neighbours dob me in which shouldn't be long I'm guessing.

Seriously though, it seems like so much of a hassle if you don't have work. Any assistance or thoughts here would be very much appreciated!

Also I read a couple of threads on bank accounts but does anyone know whether I need a permit to open a bank account. I'm sick of asking my partner to withdraw my pocket money.

Finally, any guidance on decent recruitment consultants in the Marketing arena would be appreciated. I have met with the CEO of the Swiss branch of the company I worked for in Australia but I'm not getting the most positive feedback on local consultants. The areas of brand/media marketing and consumer insight would be of most interest. I was a Marketing Director back home but open to new beginnings in Switzerland.

Hope that wasn't too longwinded!

Cheers
Ant