View Single Post
Old 23.02.2007, 23:35
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any restriction on the size of apartment depending on persons residing?

Quote:
Just wanted to know, whether there is any restriction on the size of the apartment to be taken depending on my family size. Will it be okay if I take a 2-1/2 apartment (for 2 adults + 1 kid)? Will this restricition be from the apartment management or could it be from the cantone authorities as well?
Well 2.5 rooms probably means the parents will be in the only bedroom and the kid will be sleeping in the lounge. Depends what the rental contract states. Mine is a 3.0 and says only 1 person allowed on the lease, but I have 2 - nobody ever made a big deal out of it.

BUT My guess is that the landlord COULD refuse this if he deems it unacceptable, since this is something that he can choose to specify in the contract.

Children sleeping in the lounge room isn't as uncommon as we might think - I've seen it before in Zurich...

Personally I don't think this is a matter for the authorities, it's more a question for the landlord. I'd mention it after they accept you though... Going for a 3.0 would be better if you can manage it.