View Single Post
Old 26.02.2007, 13:47
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General election

Quote:
Also interesting that many foreigners (also from the Balcan) vote SVP because they like the conservative values.
Interesting - personally I am amazed that any foreigner who receives the absolutely blatantly racist and xenophobic crap from the SVP in their letterbox (like I do) would ever vote for them. To me that just defies belief.

But then something occured to me - almost all of us on this forum, many of us long term residents, are denied the right to vote (as gbn pointed out). Possibly why this poll didn't get many responses. On the flip side, you refer to foreigners voting for the SVP - how could this be possible (except at the community level in some of the cantons on the French side)?

So these foreigners you refer to are actually Swiss (whether they were born Swiss or not is not relevant, they are still Swiss)?

I'm personally a little surprised that the SVP in this informal poll have almost as many votes as the other parties. It would have been more interesting if this were a public poll so we could see WHO voted for them. Perhaps it is possible that those of us on this forum who aren't Swiss would support the SVP, but I do find it a bit surprising.