View Single Post
Old 15.02.2009, 23:46

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
mbaaspirant has made some interesting contributions
Re: L Permit to B Permit Conversion--Dilemma

Quote:
View Post
Hi All

I am posting the below query on behalf of a friend who's not a member of the English Forum.

My friend is a non-EU(Indian) working in Baden(Aargau,canton) for more than a year with a L permit. She is employed with an Indian IT company. Recently she interviewed with a Swiss Company in Basel & the company is ready to offer her a permanent job & the company is looking for her to stay with them for another 5-10 years.

Few questions in this regard::
1) Is it possible for the transfer of permit from L to B on the basis of a permanent contract with the new company without exiting Switerland?
2) My friend has a notice period of 3 months in her current company.Does her L permit terminate as soon as she resigns(initiates the resignation process) or remains valid in the notice period as well?
3)Does she need to get any letter from her current company along with her resignation for the permit transfer process?

The new company in question is a pretty well known company in Switzerland & are willing to offer all help in this regard. However they have never recruited a non-EU(Indian) before so they also don't seem to have much clue about the permit transfer process(as per my friend's talks with them around permits).

Any pointers in this regard would be really helpfull.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Chetan
HR should take initÓative and not you or your friend. If they havent they will learn. Learning that company is recognized, I am astonished to see that they havent hired any Indian. Nevertheless, dont misunderstand but usally any office would give a list of docs which ultimately HR have to send. so, contact them and they would help