View Single Post
Old 16.02.2009, 12:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 54 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,207 Posts
Eire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with an injury

Sounds to me like the diagnosis of Symphasitis is a general term for the Dr. Saying I haven't got a clue. The diagnosis is a general inflammation of the pubic symphasis (The area where your pelvis meets at the front) and a quick Google search shows that it is more prevalent in women then men. The Pubic Shyphysis is a joint which is a little lax in women to help with childbirth, but I would imagine your would have had to give it a good knock or some pretty strange movement to cause it in a male. If this is the case I think you are in the unfortunate case of needing a lot of rest to heal it.

If conventional treatment is not working then you really need an accurate diagnosis to go further. I would suggest trying another doctor.

It could also be an inflamation of the attachment of the adductor muscles.

I would get a few more opinions though.

Sorry this can't be of more help, but the only thing I can think of that would help it if it really is symphasitis is rest, and that would mean pretty much laying down for a couple of weeks to be able to rest that joint totally.

Interested in skiing, Snowboarding or Mountain Biking in Switzerland? Information in English available
here.

This user would like to thank Eire for this useful post: