View Single Post
Old 17.02.2009, 09:16
Posts: n/a
Re: Possible to Apply for Permit B as a Freelancer/Self-employed?

It is unlikely that you would be able to do this a sole trader but it is feasible if you set up a GmbH. You will have to proceed through a number of hoops, some of which may seem a bit silly.

1. Set up an S.a. (GmbH) - requirement is only 1 director but at least 1 director must be resident in Switzerland. There are a number of companies who can provide a 'director' for this purpose.

2. Offer yourself employment - your company must go through the particular permit application process as required for your nationality.

Chances of success? Unfortunately web designers are two a penny and there are plenty currently out of work so.... not great.
Reply With Quote