View Single Post
Old 19.02.2009, 15:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 159 Times in 111 Posts
Thanked 4,638 Times in 1,785 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Atheist bus campaign in CH

Quote:
View Post
Without God there is no clear definition of what is good and bad. There is no higher authority so everybody can decide for themselves what is good and what is bad and cannot be challenged because everything is a matter of opinion and perspective.
This is patently not true. Without God there is no clear definition of good and bad ? "Good" and "Bad" activities are moral and legal standards adhered to by society defined (normally) within the boundaries of a country. Some (religious) people are free to apply their values above this, so that an activity that they think may be "good" can be performed or "bad" cannot be performed but you cannot say that only God can define what is good or bad. Here is a simple example: I do not believe in any god whatsoever at all. its all rubbish. I will not kill my mother because I know it is a bad thing to do. For me, this act is a crystal clear definition of a bad activity.