View Single Post
Old 16.06.2006, 16:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 45 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will win the World Cup?

It's all about national FAs and the voting rights they have with FIFA. Apparently the reason behind having no GB team at Olypics, etc, is the fear that the voting rights will be cut from 4 to 1.

Onto a review of the matches yesterday.
Ecuador - Costa Rica. Finished 3-0 and Ecuador I fancy to beat Germany next Tuesday, especially if the weather's still warm. Comfortable winners (and why are the goalfests at the time I'm at work??!)

England - Trinidad & Tobago. Hard work. Why Sven put Carrah on the right and did not instead start with Lennon to really split the TT defence, I don't know. Lacking spark to break-down a resilient team, England finally got the breakthrough when Crouching Tiger, Herr Puller (see below) scored. Stevie G scored a belter soon afterwards 2-0

Sweden - Paraguay. Sweden began with a decent tempo and laboured to a last-minute goal....for much time they looked like all the possession would count for nothing against stubborn opposition.

Group A has it's two qualifiers - and they play next Tuesday for the group-win. Ecuador needs only to not lose to win the group.

Group B has one qualifier (England) and Sweden can still be overtaken by the boys from TT....losing to England and TT beating Paraguay would likely see TT through. Interesting stuff...!