View Single Post
Old 09.03.2009, 14:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Mel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Birth experience in Swiss hospitals/clinics -advice/tips/stories?

Quote:
View Post
I found the gynie through the local hospital's website so hopefully it should be quite seemless. I don't get to choose hospital with my insurance so fingers crossed this was the right way forward. Is there anything else I need to think of do you know (other than eating/drinking right and reading as much stuff as I can) or should I just sit tight for that first gynie meeting?
I arrived here in Switzerland when I was four months pregnant. I found a ob/gyn from a recommendation of one of my husband's work colleagues. I checked out the hospitals he was affiliated with and I also checked CHUV and Morges. All were happy to show me around their facilities. You really can't go wrong wherever you choose to go.

I noticed that the private clinic, La Source, were advertising that they were only charging the basic insurance rate (as opposed to having to pay for the upgrade).

In the end, I really like my obstetrician and wanted him at the birth so went with one of the hospital's he works at.

Good luck. Exciting times for you!
This user would like to thank Mel07 for this useful post: