View Single Post
Old 12.03.2007, 10:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,513 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apartment Searching--Realtor fees, etc.

Quote:
View Post
I'm starting to look at apartments in Luzern and because I am still in the US, am looking only online. Right now I am primarily using homegate.ch and immoscout24.ch. What are reasonable rents for a 1-2 bedroom (which is considered a 2-3 Zimmer, right?)? I've budgeted for around 1800-1900 CHF.

Also, what is the protocol for realtor fees, if any. Here in Boston, if you use a realtor use generally expect to pay 12% of your yearly rent. If these fees do exist in CH, is there a fee-free way of finding apartments?

Finally, of course, if anyone has a wonderful apartment available or knows of one, please send me a PM.

THanks again!
Still looking? I found my appartment through the local online portal, http://www.goodday.ch , It has more ads for the Luzern area than Homegate, and some cheaper ones. I had to get help from work to phone up the landlords though, as many of them spoke german only. And as a lot don't have pics, you need to visit in person. After only 4 viewings, I was already torn between 2 excellent flats

1-2 bedroom (actually classed as 2-3 rooms +.5 for a combined living room dining room) at that budget could get you a nice place in the city centre of Luzern, but you could spend less and live a little further out.