Old 22.03.2009, 10:01

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Divegurl has no particular reputation at present
Re: Man with Van

Quote:
View Post
Ok review time:

His name is MILAN:

Wangled him down to 100CHF an hour for him and his mate to do all the carrying.

Great stuff... secured everything really professionally in the van, took a great deal of care with my furniture. 100% on time and reliable.

Will use him again without hesitation!!
Just wanted to give our review on this guy. Unfortunately for us, it isn't a glowing one like hugh_abu's

It started well enough...called him Friday to ask if he was available to move a sofa from Uster to Schlieren area the following day (Saturday). We agreed to his rate of 100CHF/hr and he told us to meet him at Uster station from 4:00-4:30pm.

Yesterday (day of appointment), we arrive a few mins early just in case. SMS him at 4pm to advise him we were there and he replied to just wait for him. 4:40pm no van, no SMS from him. We again SMS him to follow-up on ETA and he SMS-ed back saying he's on his way and we should just wait. By 5:00pm we call him this time and this guy says he was just leaving Zurich (what the...?!?!)...no explanation/excuses whatsoever...adding insult to injury this guy even asks my hubby to buy him a loaf of bread at the nearby COOP while we waited for him ( the nerve!!!)...it seems he was more concerned about getting his groceries done before the supermarket closes-- professionalism at its finest .

Since we already committed to picking up the sofa, we got him his bread and waited. He finally arrived 5:35pm...no apologies or thank you, instead mumbles about wishing he got meat as well (!!!). Then he says that since he had to drive from Zurich to Uster, we had to pay him from the time he started driving to our pick-up point. Discussion erupts as my husband explains that since his services are for transport within Zurich and surrounding areas, and he told us to meet him at Uster then the understanding is his services begin when we meet...also, how do we know where he had come from (how much time he took) driving to Uster?!?

After wasting more time arguing ...and since there seemed to be no reasoning with him... AND since we were already on a delayed appointment to get the sofa, we finally agreed to his fee. I of course insisted my husband not give him the bread for free...petty for sure , but he really didn't deserve anything more.

That's our unfortunate experience with this guy