View Single Post
Old 21.06.2006, 12:47

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
robyn has no particular reputation at present
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

Hi there !

Hey, life here in Europe is totally different from life in the US. Don't compare them ! There are pros and cons in both sides of the ocean.

It is a shame, though, that you are in a foreign country for 1 year, sitting at home and yet, do not speak the language ! Are you learning it ? do you want to learn it ???? you do have to sit down and study it ! when I arrived here, I immediately bought cds with books and was studying 4 hs a day ! Three months later, I was able to do simple job interview speaking some basic German, endless opportunities started to land into my email box ! I am here since 1995 and simply love it. You are lucky that you have a roof and food for free - I was alone, had to pay for a cheap room and buy cheap food for a number of months !

Keep applying as an English instructor - that's your best shot for a better wage. Have no experience is not an excuse. I did not have any experience and was hired in 3 different places (English school, supermarket and hotel kitchen) plus was teaching private classes for kids. Put an add at the local newspaper - you've got to move your butt, baby, because it won't happen if you ain't do a thing.

Don't forget that you are not in the US - you are the one who has to adapt to your life in another country, not them !

hugs,

Robyn
ps: if the worst happens, there are always possibilities to work from home for some US company providing that you have an internet connection - and where home is, it really does not make any difference. Good luck.