Thread: SWICA Insurance
View Single Post
Old 26.03.2009, 18:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ssuarez1081 has made some interesting contributions
Re: SWICA Insurance

Quote:
View Post
I am with SWICA and find them fine - never had a problem. I'm stuck with them now, because I had an expensive operation here a few years ago.

Now, Novartis have negotiated a deal with SWICA, so if you go for HMO, you may well find that you get a competitive price. However, for anything above that, you'll most likely be paying considerably more than you need to.

I found the Basel SWICA HMO service particularly bad, and I'm not the only one. I switched to the next higher level, which allows me to go to any doctor within Basel, and any doctor in an emergency. Much more suitable for me and my family.
This is where my partner will be working so with them we are going with basic (Favorit Telmed)

the prices are crazy for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child) we are going to be paying CHF 1211 a month - we are so use to the US where Novartis here covers us and we only pay about $300 a month for everything. But we want to make sure we have global cause we will be going back and forth within US/Switz and where ever he has to travel and with a little one i want her to have topnotch ins