View Single Post
Old 28.03.2009, 02:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,811 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The iPhone 3G thread and FAQ

Hi folk,

Spot the iphone virgin

I bought my iphone today, and it hooked up to the sat nav in the car on the way home no problem, and I recieved calls (kept my old number). I got home setup apple id and itunes, and incorrectly entered the phone number, but didn't notice. I did the sync' of the phone, then started to wondered why the phone had not rung. I checked and I noticed my mistake with the number, the phone number is incorrect in itunes, and the 'My Number' display on the iphone, since the sync'. It will send and receive text, and make calls, but will not receive them, I do get a voice message in German/French/Italian (none of which I speak well enough), which I think says the phone is blocked! Also it will no longer accept bluetooth although it is turned on, but the icon is grey, and the icon to the left of the time switches betweens a small capital E & 3G, should it do that?

I've checked the manual, and the apple support, but couldn't find anything useful to tell me what the problem is or how to fix it... so hopefully the EF cavalry can come to the rescue. It's made worse by the fact that I go to France 1st thing Monday, so need to try and sort this out quick sharp, so any ideas?

Thanks in advance

PG