View Single Post
Old 07.04.2009, 23:25

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
advntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond reputeadvntur has a reputation beyond repute
Sea Kayaking on Lake Zurich

For current and any aspiring sea or touring kayakers out there, I thought it would help to have a thread covering this water sport on Lake Zurich and the surrounding area. While it's obviously not full-on ocean kayaking, it's great fun out there and on Friday evenings in the summer, the chop from all the boats makes it feel like ocean kayaking! Topics for the thread can include recent conditions, entry/exit points, tips and advice, experiences with local shops, etc.

I’m typically out paddling on Lake Zurich 1-2 times a week during the warm months, with a once-a-week paddle commute to work day and another day for exploring (typically as a recovery from running or cycling). Most of my trips start from Rüschlikon and the paddle commute day ends up in the canal in the middle of Zurich near Burkliplatz (not the Limmat). I'll share experiences throughout this season on the water and look forward to discovering other EFers who may be out (or want to get out) on the water as well!
This user would like to thank advntur for this useful post: