View Single Post
Old 15.04.2009, 13:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 169 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 6,699 Times in 2,236 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pickpockets in Prague--don't be stupid like I was!

Quote:
View Post
Why do people keep their wallet in their back pocket? Compared to having it in your front pocket, having it in your back pocket must be: 1) Harder for you to get to, 2) Easier for pickpockets to get to, 3) Be uncomfortable when sitting down, 4) It can cause alignment problems in your back if you sit on it constantly. Compared to these four obvious disadvantages, I don't know of even one advantage. Anyone care to enlighten me?
For some of us, it feels more comfortable in the back pocket. I haven't done a scientific analysis of the topic, but I imagine it has something to do with the fact that the back pocket doesn't move around when you sit down, whereas the front pockets do. And I never feel mine (which would make it very easy for pickpockets to get).

And my arms are sufficiently long that reaching it adds zero extra burden...

Anyway, sorry about the pickpocket. Heard a story about someone just this week in Spain who had his wallet stolen, chased-caught-beat the thief, and then had his camera stolen by someone who came over to "sympathize" with him over it. Suck.