View Single Post
Old 28.06.2006, 13:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Zurich suburb is the best place to rent?

Quote:
I have just moved to the North of Zürich in a new build near Seebach. I used to work at Opfikon, and the S5 and S7 from Glatt/Opf mean you can live almost anywhere. Personally I'd rather not live on the doorstep of work, and parts of Oerlikon - although not pretty by anyones standards - provide better value than in the city itself. Most peolple would suggest somewhere like Seefeld as a good neighbourhood, but it really depends on your priorities. Oh, and its one hell of a hill ...

dave
I also live in Seebach, same apart. complex as Dave, we chose this area as my husband was working in Glattbrug/Opfikon and he wanted to be near work, he could walk there within 15 mins, annoyingly his company have just recently moved him to an office in town!! but we live right on the S6 line and he can be in Zurich by train in about 12 mins and by tram in 22 mins. Not the greatest of areas but much cheaper than seefield and the like, also I quite like Oerlikon which is only a 15 min walk away or 2 mins by tram.