View Single Post
Old 13.05.2009, 20:24
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 118 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 2,140 Times in 942 Posts
nigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisscom Port Blocking?

Quote:
View Post
I'll be getting a new apartment soon and it'll be good to know if I should make sure that Cablecom is available due to avoid incomming ports being blocked.

I think my next step is to buy a better DSL modem though... Any suggestions on what modems are better than the rest?
Swisscom don't block incoming ports but the ADSL service *can be* flaky sometimes, and there are strange thinks going on in their network that even they can't explain sometimes (trust me on this one )

Personally I always used cablecom for hispeed internet and apart from resetting the cable modem every few weeks it only let me down once or twice in 2 years. I would say it is more reliable but that is only my opinion. The modem that comes with cablecom is OK. For ADSL/VDSL the one you get with the package (Netopia or Motorola) is pretty good these days.