View Single Post
Old 20.05.2009, 17:36

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
der_Inselaffe has earned the respect of manyder_Inselaffe has earned the respect of manyder_Inselaffe has earned the respect of many
The cost of Beer tokens and kebabs (or how much to eat and drink)

Hi all,

I know we've all got very different lifestyles, and figures will vary wildly, but I've been having a discussion with a friend of mine regarding the cost of "entertainment" and food in ZH.

Now I'm end 20's, not a morning person and work silly hours, so my (binge) drinking will be restricted to the weekends. Food shopping will be a mixture of Aldi and COOP/Migros. I don't really eat out much (might like a curry once a month or so).

I reckon that on 1500chf a month, it's possible to have 2 or three good weekends out a month (8 pinters - no shots), and manage to eat more than beans on toast.

He however believes (after looking at the cost of a pint) that I need to double that figure. This is just the entertainment side of things. Rent, savings, insurance etc is already taken care of.

So who reckons that they can do a couple of EF socials a month, and a weekend or two out AND feed themselves for a month on 1500 chf. I know it really depends on just how much one hates their liver......

Can it be done?