View Single Post
Old 25.05.2009, 12:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 5,236 Times in 2,551 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cablecom- Dirty Fraud on Customers

Quote:
View Post
I walked into the Zollstrasse Cablecom Servicepoint and got a written complaint confirmation after waiting for 30 minutes.

I've been told to contact them again if I receive any further communication from Cablecom about this matter, otherwise this is cancelled. The person who handled my case was apologetic, and called the whole thing a "bullshit scam" (his words) pulled off by outsourced agents.

I'm in any case also sending a registered letter to cablecom about this to make sure my cancellation is received within the 7 day window.
Sounds like you have got a good result. With these scams it is often not the companies themselves who are responsible, but self-employed agents. If they are working on a commission only basis, the temptation to use every trick in the book is often very high. The companies that they represent do not want the bad publicity any usually stamp out these rogue sales agents quite quickly, once there are complaints.

The problem is that they let it happen in the first place. I think it is sometimes a case of 'all the time you get away with it, we won't stop it'.