View Single Post
Old 09.06.2009, 14:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 35 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 475 Posts
Jekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cycling with kids -- trail-a-bikes and trailer bikes

Quote:
View Post
I havent seen the Leggero in the flesh, but be careful to compare apples to apples. The model you mentioned doesn't have suspension or multiple uses (bike trailer, stroller, jogger etc) like the CHF900+ models. Still it looks a good price for what it is, though I find it hard to believe it is Swiss made at that price!

A good range is here at Veloplus. The "Croozer" looks more the league of the Leggero.

We ended up buying one of the expensive ones for the suspension and that we are using it as the stroller for our newborn, plus we are car-less bike nuts
I have the "Croozer Kid for 2" which I paid CHF 610 for. It comes with the stroller and jogger kit as well as 2 hitch attachments. I found the build quality to be excellent for the price. It doesn't have suspension other than that provided by the tyres and the seats so only smooth forest tracks are comfortable for passanger. You get a lot for the money but as Yokine says, the Chariot models are more comfortable if you can justify spending CHF1000+

BTW, if you want to get fit, then hauling a 10kg trailer with 10kg baby and 5kg of baby "accessories" up a 500m climb will sort you out pretty quickly.
This user would like to thank Jekyll for this useful post: