View Single Post
Old 09.06.2009, 14:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 502 Times in 402 Posts
Thanked 22,834 Times in 9,245 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cycling with kids -- trail-a-bikes and trailer bikes

Quote:
View Post
I havent seen the Leggero in the flesh, but be careful to compare apples to apples. The model you mentioned doesn't have suspension or multiple uses (bike trailer, stroller, jogger etc) like the CHF900+ models. Still it looks a good price for what it is, though I find it hard to believe it is Swiss made at that price!

We ended up buying one of the expensive ones for the suspension and that we are using it as the stroller for our newborn, plus we are car-less bike nuts
I did have a look at one and could compare it with a Chariot last weekend at the Family Expo in Winterthur. It looked well made.

I'm not bothered about the extras as we already have a stroller etc. so it really would just be for cycling.

Having suspension is a valid point. Do you think this is important on gravel paths?

It's really just for cycling and this will enable us to go cycle-camping and/or hostelling as well as jaunts around the lake.

I did check again and that price does not include hitch brackets etc so that would probably take it up a bit.

I found a few limited reviews on the web and non of them were bad but when someone reivews something, I like to know a bit about them and I trust the views of keen cyclists much more than others.