View Single Post
Old 10.06.2009, 13:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 9,408 Times in 2,870 Posts
Slaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The iPhone 3G thread and FAQ

I'm just wondering how big the market is going to be for the 3GS. The 3G sold by the bucketful last year, mainly, I believe, because it was the first official iPhone on sale in Switzerland. Of those people that bought into the iPhone last year, most will be locked into a 2 year contract with still at least a year to run.

Aside from the new hardware features (2x speed, compass, supposedly better battery life, and I do believe the voice recognition is dependant on the new hardware) most of the new features will be available on the old 3G with version 3 of the software.

The physical appearence between the two seems to be minimal which would discourage the fashion buyer who already owns a 3G.

Sure there'll be the early adopter and fan markets, but they only make up a small percentage of the general mobile buying market.

I'm a gadget freak and there's not enough in the package to make me pay full retail on the new 3GS while I'm still locked into a 2 year contract for the old one.

I think the 3GS may be a sales flop. I suppose time will prove one way or another.