View Single Post
Old 18.06.2009, 22:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 15,266 Times in 3,995 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Posting a commercial event? Read this first ...

Quote:
View Post
As far as I know, Marc73, you can limit the number of guests someone may bring - the default is 20! - but once your quota is full, there's no way of stopping people sigining up.
Actually I think there is a way, 'cos I managed it once. I think once your event is full you can change the "Time Before Event to Close RSVP:" to the number of days and hours you are at "now" before the event... if you get my drift (do this by editing the event).

The event should then be "closed" for RSVP's

You should also edit the event description and add in bold at the bottom "This event is now full"... or words to that effect. I don't quite have the eloquence that Uncle max has in telling people that they've left it too late

Monger of fine British Cheeses
The following 2 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: