View Single Post
Old 19.06.2009, 14:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
bill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputation
Re: work visa rejected for non-eu

Quote:
View Post
I got a call yesterday from a recruiting company that was interested to hire me but as soon as I said I had no work visa they said there was nothing they could do, that I was responsible to get my own work visa but I was also told that you must have contract for employment in order to even apply for the visa.

I'm totally confused here and don't know where to start in order to be able to work in Geneva. I am living with my Swiss boyfriend and we will marry early 2010.
if you are non-EU'er the new employer has to apply to your local commune for a work permit. this is extra work for them and more hassle. same for the recruitment agency, if they employ you directly or if they have undertaken to find someone for the employer then either of them has to apply for the work permit.

[if your were EU'er you just receive the new contract, start work and you present yourself with contract + passport to the comunne and you receive the permit.]

in the application process they have to prove that they have advertised and the position well and that they could not find a suitable CH/EU candidate. in the current employment climate and depending on the position this may be nearly impossible.

get married sooner, things will be much easier. as a dependent of a CH person you will be given a B permit and allowed to work.