View Single Post
Old 04.04.2007, 16:06
Rex's Avatar
Rex Rex is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rex has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving and need advice on getting my pension

Check the following Link for nationals of non-signatory states

See point 18 on page 52.

"Nationals of non-signatory states who live abroad may
apply for reimbursement of their OASI contributions without interest, if they
have definitively left Switzerland.
They must have paid contributions for at least 1 full year to be entitled to
this reimbursement."

It looks like AHV (Old Age & Survivors Insurance or OASI) can be paid out when you leave if you are a resident of a non-signatory state. Page 45 of the document lists the signatory states.

The form for actually claiming the OASI refund when you leave is as follows:

The deductions for AHV are about 5% so can add up if you are here for a while.

Reply With Quote