View Single Post
Old 05.04.2007, 08:13
Jazz's Avatar
Jazz Jazz is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 253
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 28 Posts
Jazz has earned some respectJazz has earned some respect
Re: Can anyone help with a UK tax question?

Hi, I was in a similar position last year when I moved over. I declared both the incoming rent and total salary for the year. The rent would be less than 5000 for 0708 and only added a little to 0607, so overall i still got a decent tax rebate. For the amount you are talking about, I think it is worth declaring and being above board, or you could not mention the house and see what happens. If you are working through a letting agency, they are required to check that you are registered as an absentee (overseas) landlord...
Reply With Quote