Thread: bank charges
View Single Post
Old 08.07.2009, 10:47

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Aunt B has made some interesting contributions
Re: bank charges

Quote:
View Post
hi, i've been looking around but can't seem to find a topic on this! We've been here 8 months now, loving it, despite watching all the pennies (or cents). Anyway, at the end of June we got charged 50CHF for "frais retrait bancomat" which i see is cash withdrawels, and 18CHF for "frais de tenue de compte" which is cost of having an acoount i think. We had no warning that these were coming out of account, the bank (cantonal) just took it out. This is on top of the 80CHF a year for having a maestro card each. I still don't understand this, is this normal? We haven't used the card abroad, but it seems like a lot of money to be charged, especially the cash withdrawel. Has anyone else had this? Thanks in advance! xx

You may want to go back and read the bank agreement that you signed. The bank cannot charge you for anything you haven't agreed to. In many cases you may be charged for using an ATM that is not the bank's ATM. As a banker, I can tell you that many people do not take the time to read the entire agreement. There may also be a case where you can go to the bank and change your account for one that is more favorable to your lifestyle, and may not incur as many charges, although it may entail you paying a higher monthly fee for more flexibility.
Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!
This user would like to thank Aunt B for this useful post: