View Single Post
Old 12.07.2009, 22:43
rmcarlos's Avatar
rmcarlos rmcarlos is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 36
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
rmcarlos has no particular reputation at present
Re: EU Permits - A few bullet points

Ladies, Gentlemen,

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. name is Raoul. So i've read through this thread and found a plethora of information, all very helpful, but I do have some additional queries.

So. I am French, just moved to Zurich and started working with a big Swiss financial services company. I am currently on an L permit, as my current contract is for 6 months. I am assured that I will be given a permanent contract in January as things open up. So I am fine, and will apply for my B permit as my future contract will allow for it.

My question lies here. I have a girlfriend, a US national, who is in France as I write and studying for her master's degree and so has residency in France until September. While I want her to come live with me here as soon as she finishes her thesis, I am aware that it will be difficult for her to find a job and receive a residency permit.

Now I am head over heals for this girl and we do plan on getting married in the future, but I want to propose on my own terms and not with regards to the Swiss Immigration laws.

Is there anyway we could sign up for a registered partnership whereby she gets the equivalent residency permit as I do. I can write her a letter claiming that I will be financially responsible for her etc.

The idea is to get her here legally so that we can live together without worry of being illegal. The issue of her finding employment can be handled at a later date.

Any info would be great. Thank you so much for your help already and anymore that comes down the line.


Reply With Quote