View Single Post
Old 19.07.2009, 11:48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sammichman has no particular reputation at present
Re: EU Permits - A few bullet points

Firstly, let me thank you for this excellent thread, it is really very helpful.

However, I find myself in the situation where I need specific advice.

I hold an EU passport with a B permit valid until 2012. My family also hold B permits valid until 2012 but hold Australian passports. We have lived here (and I worked here) for 3 years. Recently my job (for an international company) transfered me to another country. I therefore planned to work outside Switzerland during the week and commute back on weekends, leaving the family here to complete schooling etc.

The research on the forums and advice from our local Kantonal Gemeinder suggested this was no problem , I also sought tax advice on any complications and had this clarified as well.

However, I was told by my Swiss employer last week that it is not possible for my family to remain in Switzerland and they have an obligation to notify the authorities that I am no longer working in Switzerland and that my family will be deported in a matter of weeks.

Given the dramatic ramifications of what the company is saying, can you recommend or advise the appropriate professional/government body I should approach to obtain clarification.

Thank you