View Single Post
Old 10.04.2007, 16:33
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
AnAustralian is considered knowledgeableAnAustralian is considered knowledgeableAnAustralian is considered knowledgeable
Moving to Switzerland from Australia and looking for IT/IS work

Hello everyone

Just to give you some background.

I am Australian, am married to a Swiss National, and have lived in Zurich for a year in 2004. I found it difficult to find work as a result of my poor german skills so we moved back to Australia to skill up. My german has not improved due to a busy schedule however I now have a dual Masters in Information Systems Management and Master of Business Administration, with excellent results in both degrees.

I am an experienced Project Manager and am skilled in Business Analysis, Product Management and Consulting in Information Systems, notably GIS systems and Asset Management Information Systems, although I also have experience in data migration, corporate system integration, training, change management, and relationship management.

I am a bit nervous about returning as last time I felt a bit out of depth and did not have as much experience as I do now. My german has not overly improved, but I am planning on working on this once I complete my studies later this year.

I am also considering Prince 2 Project Managment certification prior to returning.

I would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in the Swiss job marketplace later this year, and would also like your thoughts on applying for these kinds of jobs outside of Switzerland prior to returning.

I was burned once but love Switzerland so much and my wife is keen to spend time in her coutnry of origin.

Thanks