Thread: Accident advice
View Single Post
Old 20.07.2009, 17:28

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
crombif has no particular reputation at present
Accident advice

I was hit by a car when cycling to work last week. I need some advice as to the procedure in Switzerland. As I have not been long in Switzerland I have made some rather basic errors with insurance and am now worried I am going to end up having to pay alot of money if I am found to be at fault. Details are as follows....

The police came to visit me in hospital and took my statement, they gave me a slip of paper witht he details of the driver and my details on it and told me to hand this to my insurance company who will contact the driver. I do not have private liability insurance and my vignette had just run out.

I have no memory of the accident so I have no idea who is at fault if indeed anyone, but there was very limited damage to the car (a wing mirror I was told) most of the damage was to me which is covered by my accident insurance. Do these cases always go to court or could I contact the driver directly myself to discuss the case? I am concerned that it could get very costly if it goes to court.

Any advice would be much appreciated