Thread: Accident advice
View Single Post
Old 20.07.2009, 17:39
HollidayG's Avatar
HollidayG HollidayG is offline
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3,038
Groaned at 50 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 738 Posts
HollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputation
Re: Accident advice

View Post
I was hit by a car when cycling to work last week. I need some advice as to the procedure in Switzerland. As I have not been long in Switzerland I have made some rather basic errors with insurance and am now worried I am going to end up having to pay alot of money if I am found to be at fault. Details are as follows....

The police came to visit me in hospital and took my statement, they gave me a slip of paper witht he details of the driver and my details on it and told me to hand this to my insurance company who will contact the driver. I do not have private liability insurance and my vignette had just run out.

I have no memory of the accident so I have no idea who is at fault if indeed anyone, but there was very limited damage to the car (a wing mirror I was told) most of the damage was to me which is covered by my accident insurance. Do these cases always go to court or could I contact the driver directly myself to discuss the case? I am concerned that it could get very costly if it goes to court.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Do you have the police officer's name? I had a car accident
( two cars no bike), and it went to trial.

Does the report say who is at fault?
Are you worried about paying your hospital bills?

Are you employed? If so, you have accident insurance with
your employer.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote