View Single Post
Old 27.07.2009, 19:32
Hyacinth's Avatar
Hyacinth Hyacinth is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vaud
Posts: 32
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hyacinth has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help with application for self employment


I believe that if you have a B permit and you are an EU national you are allowed to work as self-employed. This is certainly true in Canton Vaud, because this is my situation.

But you need to get an accountant or lawyer who will tell you how to register to pay social security (AVS in French). You might also have to register to pay VAT (TVA in French) depending on how much you think you will earn in any year. You will also have to pay income tax in monthly instalments - this also means you have to register.

Best way to find out the exact rules in your canton and how to get started is probably to get a consultation with an English-speaking accountant where you live.
Reply With Quote