View Single Post
Old 30.07.2009, 10:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: August 1 and all that noise

I am personally rather worried about 1 Aug too. It will be the day after my dog's operation and he wont be able to get a long walk beforehand. I am not sure how loud the fireworks will get at our place as its our first SND here. Does anyone know how long the fireworks last?

I'll have to play it by ear but the plan is to move him to a quieter room in the house, put him in his crate and turn up the radio.

Fingers crossed.

Usually for thunderstorms, he gets anxious and barks. But I either turn up the telly or play music to try and drown out the sound and distract him with games of fetch, which he likes. For me, the same theory applies with thunderstorms as when they see something unfamiliar on walks - dont feed the dog's anxiety by trying to sooth them. Just act normally and distract them.