Thread: Gold Buying
View Single Post
Old 31.07.2009, 07:27
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 165 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 1,132 Times in 622 Posts
Cashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gold Buying

Quote:
View Post
"Gold is very high at the moment but expect it to fall in August and perhaps buy in September when all the traders, bankers come back from holiday and realsise the real state of the economy.

And what would that be, do you know? If you did... No company in this world is making long term forecasts, because no one really knows. Forex is a tricky play, but gold can go down. Just having cash sit, is like burning off little pieces of it, month by month. There are loads of better "secure" options to hedge against dollar deflation. And turn a percentage.
Switzerland favors a certain postion against the euro and the dollar; you should read up on that if you want stability. But holding metals, is not a 100 percent gauranteed bet.
You will see that Gold already fell a bit since I posted that satement.
Let us watch the price between now and say the middle of September and then onwards to December.
I might be wrong; and that is exactly the point I am making; it is not safe unless you are playing the markets and we have our businesses to run rather than sit on the screen day trading.

And before one suggests that I get an Investment Trader/Manger to 'play' with the money; I would suggest people look at the performance of their funds over the last 15 years. The only people who made money were the people who sold those Investment? Plans and the people who traded the funds in those policies.