View Single Post
Old 16.04.2007, 15:48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Larissa has no particular reputation at present
Entry Visa for US Citizen

Hi, I've been getting mixed-responses from the Immigration office and hoping someone on the board has been in a similar situation. My boyfriend (who is an EU citizen) got a job in Zurich with a B-Permit and I came to live with him in March.

I'm a US citizen and when he first called the immigration office here they told him not to worry with anything, that we could apply for a B-Permit when I arrived in Switzerland. We applied when I arrived and now, a month later, they wrote to say that as I entered the country without the proper visa my application will not be considered until I have this visa.

We called the Consulate in Stuttgart and they said we could pick up the visa from them but that they thought papers had to be filed from the US. I tried to call the Swiss Embassy in the US but their voice mail said no questions would be answered regarding visas.

I'm a bit at a loss over what to do next. Do I have to return to the US to file the paperwork? Is there some way to get this visa directly from Stuttgart? Also where do I get the paperwork for the Declaration of Guarentee that by bf will cover my expenses. I keep seeing it referred to but I haven't been able to find the paperwork anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!