View Single Post
Old 18.07.2006, 17:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 97 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,341 Posts
evilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smoking & Health Insurance

Quote:
Cheer up

If you happen to be a heroin addict, the basic insurance also coughs up (bad pun intended) for methadone treatment as well.

Nice, isn't it?

More here:
Smoking in restaurants
I totally agree with them paying for methadone and prescription heroin - it does help those with hopeless addictions. It is definitely better than the alternative of leaving them out on the street to scrounge up dirty drugs using dirty needles and spreading around disease and committing crimes (theft, burglary, etc.) to get the money needed for the drugs.

But - what does piss me off is that insurance does not pay for Zyban to quit smoking. If you are depressed and the doctor prescribes Wellbutrin they'll pay. No difference in drug, except for name.

Zyban was the only thing that did it for me, that allowed me to quit and stay quit for almost a year now.