View Single Post
Old 18.07.2006, 19:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smoking & Health Insurance

Quote:
But the best part is this insurance is optional - so if you are a non-smoker just say no - you know that you'll be paying way over the odds for your policy because you'll be subsidising a large group (30% of the population) from a much higher risk category than yourself.
Well thats what I'll be doing, find it incredible that weight is a factor and not smoking, and I agree with Mark that both are a major drain on the tax payer, but to allow one and not the other is bad - what the guy did say to me was that if you are a 'healthy' smoker then you will be covered for the additional insurances but if you have damaged lungs i.e if you actually do have lung cancer then they wont cover you!! so basically he has the notion that smokers can be healthy!! and you have to have smoked a shed load and got lung cancer before they wont treat you - great eh?

I also agree with evilshell, why help one type of addict and not the other, I have also given up now almost a year and eventually managed to do it without any help but i know that lots of people need further help to quit and these tablets should be available just as methadone is for heroin addicts - I'm pretty sure those tablets are available on the NHS in the UK. The Swiss obviously don't consider smoking a major health risk!!