View Single Post
Old 18.07.2006, 21:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 97 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,341 Posts
evilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smoking & Health Insurance

Actually, if you're poor the government will kick in and help pay your health insurance premiums. Basel used to be quite good for helping with premiums.

200 a month? Damn, that's cheap. I'd love for us to be paying that little - we pay ~320/month and ~400/month (1500 deductible, 500 deductible). Shopping around found little differences in premiums.

Anyway, yes, there will always still be addicts who steal to get their fix. But considering the rate of drug use here vs. the rate of crime you'll find that the crime rate is pretty low compared to the addict rate.

This wasn't my first time quitting - around 1990 I quit for about 5 or 6 years. It wasn't until I divorced my ex that I took it up again, and it took me another 7 - 8 years to quit (for good, I hope!). I quit after watching my mother in law die of lung cancer - and the poor woman never once smoked in her life.