View Single Post
Old 28.08.2009, 00:28

Re: Religious Musings

Quote:
View Post
I can't believe you can actually say that in this context, but even so, if you want an accurate representation of history, based on evidence, the theory of evolution would still come into it.

Dude, you're obsessed with the Theory of Evolution.

There are a LOT of other more interesting scientific theories than TOE. Tell me why atheists are not as keen to push these into the minds of young children:

Quantum Entanglement
The idea that a particle on one side of the universe simultaneously behave the same as another particle on the other side of the universe.

Multiverse
The idea that there are multiple possible universes that comprise reality.

Copenhagen Interpretation
The idea that particles of matter behave as waves of probability. The act of observing them effect their behavior.

I'll tell you why. It's because this kind of science doesn't support your atheist viewpoint.

Of all the possible wonders one can instill in a child, you are obsessed with teaching children that they are accidental animals who are not much more than bio-chemical reactions. How much duller can a person be than that?

Rest assured that there are many of us who go to extreme measures to counter-act the garbage educational institutions try to instill in our children. We let our children know that their consciousness, imaginations and personalities are gifts and expressions of a living God.

It just so happens I was reading a portion of an Ayn Rand novel that reminds me of this:

"Sweep aside those parasites of subsidized classrooms, who live on the profits of the mind of others and proclaim that man needs no morality, no values, no code of behavior. They, who pose as scientists and claim that man is only an animal, do not grant him inclusion in the law of existence they have granted to the lowest of insects. They recognize that every living species has a way of survival demanded by its nature, they do not claim that a fish can live out of water or that a dog can live without its sense of smell–but man, they claim, the most complex of beings, man can survive in any way whatever, man has no identity, no nature, and there's in any way whatever, and there's no practical reason why he cannot live with his means of survival destroyed, with his mind throttled and placed at the disposal of any orders they might care to issue."

Last edited by Phos; 28.08.2009 at 00:44.