View Single Post
Old 21.04.2007, 17:36
RIP

Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
jbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Girlfriend moving over (UK)

I have worked in switzerland 6 months collecting garbage, 2 months sorting plastic, wood and cement on a grader, worked in restaurant kitchens for months, looked after old people in altersheims, IT DBA and programmer, gardeners assistant and delivering adverts and newspapers during the night in Kreis 4 in Zurich also painting and cleaning with my wife. My main job as it happens is IT but it was hard for 3 years over here. I have also worked all round the world since 16 (farming in Cambodia after the genocide, in Zimbarbwee, Namibia and the Philipines doing lots of strange things including 2 years as deckhand on an asian ship) and have never been unemployed for more than a couple of weeks since I was 15 years old (for 32 years now). In the last 9 years in Switzerland (16 for my wife who has zero education) we never took abeitslos and do not really speak passable German. Suppose it depends on how high your standards are and how much you really want the money and work. Horses for courses