View Single Post
Old 22.04.2007, 13:59

Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Pepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeable
Re: Girlfriend moving over (UK)

Quote:
View Post
Hi Pepper, we have a similar situtation and so Im interested in what youre doing - do I understand correctly that you have moved to CH with no residence or work permit just with the guarantee that your OH will support you or that you have sufficient funds for yourself? And this means you dont have to do the tourist thing and can apply for work/residence permit while living there? Is this dependent on where youre originating from? - wer both from the EU. Please keep me/us updated on what happens and hope everything works out for you
Yes you're right that I came over without a job or permit but you can be here for 3 months as a visitor/ tourist. I registered as soon as I got here because we are intending being here a few years. We're both EU and OH's job is sufficient for us both even if I hadn't got a job (although obviously it's better with one!) We figured the worst case scenario was I would be refused residency and have to go home for a month or so as we get married in the summer and I believe I would definitely get residency after that.
This user would like to thank Pepper for this useful post: