View Single Post
Old 19.07.2006, 11:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,296 Times in 465 Posts
Lynn has a reputation beyond reputeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeLynn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are the swiss racist?

OK first to Gav
Quote:
I don't believe that racism is any worse here than any other 'Western' country - just that people are less politically correct/PR savvy and hence don't keep their lips buttoned about it in public
I have to say I find this comment a little disappointing. The simple fact that people choose to keep their racist remarks to themselves actually indicates that they are well aware of the fact that their opinion is unacceptable. This indicates awareness in my opinion...

Nickj
Quote:
I would like to think that the women at the employment office was not echoing the official govt policy and that it could equally happen in UK with a young 20yr something working in a similar position saying heís only got a ďpakiĒ lined up or a muslim who may want Fridays off to pray so watch out ! these things happen and Iím sure if they are reported action will be taken. You canít vet everyone in office and people do make gaffs contrary to official instructions.

I've been so shocked by this that I've spoken to many of my clients. One woman had the same story to tell from a different RAV office

When I called the RAV boss I was simply informed that most employers wish to know and that is why all their staff inform potential employers of race/skin colour. So looks like this is very much from the TOP DOWN. Though I'm not really suprised...