View Single Post
Old 01.09.2009, 20:14
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L Permit and Proving health insurance

Quote:
View Post
I have to visit the kanton office soon as they have a 30day grace period from the date of the warning letter or this will delay my new permit request!!
And if they don't hear from you, they'll choose a health insurance provider for you, and it won't necessarily be the cheapest... Follow BlonayBear's link above to Insurance Jenny; she did my insurance too, is helpful in explaining all the options, and is a native English speaker.

Be prepared that your insurance cover may be backdated to when you first arrived in Switzerland (assuming you registered with a commune and got a permit then). This is common practice for people arranging cover within the 3 months' grace stipulated by law; not sure what will happen with having no cover for the first 6 months. I can't imagine you'll be in trouble at all, don't worry, but it may be a question of having to pay.

kodokan