View Single Post
Old 02.09.2009, 13:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kinderzulage (child allowance)

Quote:
View Post
Kodokan --- Oh that one, oops, yes we do get that one. That sort of fell off the radar, since my wife deals with it.
Oh good - otherwise you would have lost a heck of a lot of money to date!

Tilia's suggestion's interesting, if I'm reading it right: does it say that your wife could claim CB in the UK whilst you claim the balance between CB and Kinderzulage here in Switzerland..? That would have worked very well for me - I would have got 143 a month for 2 kids from CB, against the 400 chfs we get here. So I could have claimed the 143, hubby would have got around another 100 quid a month by having it topped up to the equivalent of 400 chfs, AND I could have kept all the pension credits!

Not an option for us anyway, but useful if anyone else can take advantage of the system. Doesn't the Swiss system mind where the kids are resident, just that the wage earner has some kids, somewhere in the world..?

kodokan