View Single Post
Old 07.09.2009, 00:29

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
ragno has become a little unpopularragno has become a little unpopular
Law school or business school in CH?

Here's a question for the Forum -- is it possible for an English speaker to move to Switzerland and try to start a new career from scratch by beginning a law school or business school program, or some other form of education that puts you on track for a new career? My situation is complicated, but suffice it to say that my current career as university professor can't possibly be duplicated in Switzerland. I want to move there to be with my husband -- he loves it there and has been there for many years, I like it there and am considering giving up my life in the US to start a new one over there. Yet the jobs I see advertised are for people with corporate experience, which I don't have at all. I'm in my late 30s -- are there "non traditional" foreign students in the Swiss university system? I'm thinking about professional training b/c I've always been the high achieving type, so I don't know if I could be happy doing just anything to keep myself busy. My French and Italian are excellent, my German is good... any ideas from you for what I could do over there???
This user would like to thank ragno for this useful post: