View Single Post
Old 10.09.2009, 18:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 10,412 Times in 3,156 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why excercise may not help you lose weight

Quote:
It's not your job to tell me to shut up either. If me stating facts is discouraging then so be it. Richdog summed up your attitude perfectly in his earlier post.
No, he didn't. Is it too much to ask that you and Richdog just read the @$)&%! thread before assuming you know all about it?

Here, let me recap for you:
Peg A started out by saying that she doesn't get much Exercise-with-a-capital-E, and doesn't much want to - but that she has made several small lifestyle changes since moving here, and has in fact lost over two stone in the past year.

She reckons since this has worked for her, it might work for others: that people for whom physical exertion is rather a chore than a delight ought to try for simply an active lifestyle, instead of a sedentary lifestyle with regular workouts wedged into it.

Sure sounds like a 'losing' attitude to me!

@Peg A: Preach it, sister! I'm finding the same thing... no time or interest for formal exercise, but I've become just that little bit more active, and the weight is (slowly!) peeling off as a result.
The following 7 users would like to thank MathNut for this useful post: