View Single Post
Old 17.09.2009, 08:40

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
rogatronic has no particular reputation at present
Re: Proposals by telephone to buy stock or other values.

Glad to see most people here don't get fooled.

I have also never been caught by these guys.

However some people have, just see the complaints from victims on various forums and blogs.

As these "advisors" keep calling me regularly, instead of hanging up I have found some amusement in listening to what they offer in order to report to authorities (Commission Fédérale des Banques, Chambre de Commerce...) and to warn people against them in as many blogs and forums I have found relevant. In most cases it has turned out these "companies" are purely fictive, nobody knows where these guys call from in reality, no commerce registry registration where they pretend to be located. Addresses either purely fictive or they are just "hosted" by some telephone answering / transfer service and P.O box service shop.

Just one trick when they call : ask for their VAT registration number. If they are unable to provide, it means their "company" is just non-existing.

And by the way most of the time they call from "hidden numbers" (your telephone mentions "unknown caller" instead of showing the number of the one calling you, if your phone has this feature).