Thread: Bus tickets
View Single Post
Old 17.09.2009, 12:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bus tickets

Quote:
View Post
I have been taking the bus for a couple of weeks now to and from work, sometimes I get charged 1.80Fr in the morning for a single journey, then 2.20Fr in the afternoon (with Halftax) for a return journey when all I want to do is go home.
Sounds strange to me. Probably there is some misunderstanding. The best thing is to check on the website of the Verkehrverbund or bus operator to work out how their ticket system works, or ask at a customer service office. The bus drivers may not necessarily have the time to explain the intricacies of the system and may sell you what they think is best for you in their eyes which may not necessarily be what you really need.

Quote:
View Post
Is there a certain time you can only buy return journeys?
^

Unlikely

Quote:
View Post
Also, the bus drivers over here never check tickets, loads of people just get on and sit down, what's with that? Do these people not have tickets and are abusing the system?
No, most people use season or annual passes. I think the number of people abusing the system is in the region of 0.5 to 2 percent (depending on the town), which is a much lower figure than in other countries. This is partly due to the rather severe penalties when caught. Having said that I have several times seen people being let off in inspections despite the fact that (in my opinion) they were obviously trying it on.